Feb 16, 2009

How was your Valentines Day?

Hi everyone! Its Monday and I am sure some of you are off from work today relaxing but for those of you who are bored at work please share your Valentines Day Romance Story.

This is mine

On Thursday of last week I didn't have any plans. I just knew we were going to dinner somewhere. So, Thursday evening I was out with my girlfriend who happens to work at the Hartford Hilton and I was saying I didn't have any plans and she said why don't you stay at the Hilton. I took her up on the offer and so the planning began Friday morning. Yes, the day before Valentine's Day. I guess I should inform you all that as I am a hopeless Romantic my husband is not! I usually plan all the Romantic dates.

Back to Friday morning, well actually 3:00 on Friday afternoon, I started to call area restaurants and to my surprise they were all booked. Who would know that I would have to make reservations at least 2 weeks in advance. (Sarcastically said). Needless to say I did not have a reservation for anywhere.

Now on to actual Valentines Day, my husband and I checked in to our hotel at about 6:30 and I got a text for my girlfriend who helped me with the room and she was out with her hubby. I asked if she wanted to meet for a drink. So we all decided to meet for a drink at Trumbull Kitchen. My hubby and I headed over to Trumbull Kitchen, we thought we would see if there was a possibility to get a seat for dinner after our drinks. NO Chance of that! We were then standing by the bar waiting for a seat to open at the bar. But here is the kicker, there were all these seats open by the bar. I have never been to the Trumbull Kitchen so I did no know that was bar seating. I asked someone if we need a reservation for the tables near the bar. They said no, so we sat there and our friends showed up and sat with us. We preceded on with the evening having great drinks and apps. While we were sitting there, we watched couples pour in for their reservations. Guess what they waited over an hour even with reservations. They all looked miserable! Talk about a romance killer standing in the foyer to the restaurant waiting an hour for a table. So we stayed there a while and then went to an Irish Pub and continued having a great time.

Finally, we made it back to our room, where we hung our do not disturb sign! This is where the story ends. And the moral is you can have a better time just winging it!

If you have time please post your story in the comments section. This will be the topic for the week and for those of you who like JCREW I got this email this morning to enter to win a free honeymoon in Greece
http://jcrew.eprize.net/promotion2009/index.tbapp?page=intro

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie! I just saw this post after finally checking your blog to see some pics of my fellow knot girls. Anyway, what a coincidence, we went to the Trumbull Kitchen the night before we came to you for our shoot! What a great place. I try to recommend it to anyone I know that is coming to you. We all had a great time there. Their tapas are the best! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete